Friday, June 10, 2011

Stay Focused


Philippians 3:15-16 (The Message)
So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision—you'll see it yet! Now that we're on the right track, let's stay on it.

A “Set” Place (the Garden of) Eden

H
ave you ever felt like you just got off track?  I’m not talking about backsliding, I’m talking about those times when you felt weary in your well doing, or maybe you were offended by a situation and you put your “wall” in place -  as a means of protecting your emotions, and you just shut down…  Something happened to quench that fire you once felt.  So, you let one something go, then another, and then another, and before you know it–your feeling disconnected.

Well you know the line, “God doesn’t leave us,” we are the ones who leave Him.  During these times, rather than going to Him, entering the inner court in prayer, we hang out in the outer courts much too far away from His healing and restoring presence. 

I’ve found that I have to be willing to confess everything, and I mean everything to God in prayer.  I’ve got to be able to tell Him when I am tired, angry, hurt, discouraged, afraid, and when I have that just “don’t want to do it” spirit.  That is what it means to me to cast my cares upon Him.  I’ve found that every time I did, in one way or another, He came through.  Sometimes with strength and endurance, sometimes clearly delivering me out of a circumstance, other times with a word of correction, but always restoring and loving me and not judging me for the weaknesses of my flesh.  He really, really does love us, and He does hear our prayers.   

Don’t stray to far from Eden my sisters, your lifeline is there.  There in the garden where it has been all the time. 
As published in "Sabbath Songs"  Copyright 2010 - Victoria L. Burse 
Click Here to purchase your copy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment