Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Playground or Battleground

Matthew 18:18
18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

The madness has gone on for days. Finally, we think “now wait a minute, this is really crazy, something is not quite right. Oh, I see, this is an attack; an attack of the enemy.” We shake ourselves, and God then reminds us of two important things.

First, our battle is not with flesh and blood, but with principalities, powers, and the ruler of darkness of this world. We can’t conversate or compromise with the devil. We must simply “Bind (tie or fasten to render immobile) him up."

Second, God has given us exactly what we need to overcome this type of battle and the Weapons of our warfare are not carnal (temporal or worldly,) but mighty, and able to tear down Strongholds.

So why does it take so long for us to see through the madness? Why do we linger in situations far to long, striving in our own power? Why do we not immediately remember to use our spiritual weapons; to Bind up… what we know is not of God, because it is confusion… and God is not the author of confusion!

We need to be more Spiritually ALERT, (prayerfully watchful, prepared, and ready to act.)
It seems to me it boils down to this one question. “Am I on the Playground, or am I on the Battleground?” You do not fight a war, using the plastic playground toys you take to the park or to the beach. And when we take a stand against the enemy, we are to use God’s Strength, and open His war chest of spiritual weapons. We cannot fight a spiritual battle in the earthly realm.

I’m finished now. It’s Thursday, the week is not over yet. I shall recover, and you shall too. God has given us the KEY. We find the specific instructions in His Word.
Be Encouraged. You may have lost one battle, but you can still win the WAR!

Ephesians 6:10 – 18 (The Message Bible)
10 -12 And that about wraps it up. God is strong, and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels.

13 -18 Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You'll need them throughout your life. God's Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out.


Copyright 2011 - Victoria L. Burse

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Vickie, I'm definitely up against far more than I can handle on my own. I'm definitely taking your advice and getting help from the only one who can help me God! Oh, I'm learning to use all HIS weapons as well., I know for sure, I need them throughout my new journey and my entire your life. God's Word is like no other. Now I'm moving on to Chronicles thanks to you. Love the wisdom you impart. PREACH sistah, PREACH!

    ReplyDelete