Friday, September 30, 2011

I Am Who God Says I Am!

Jeremiah 29:11 (The Message Bible)
I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you,
not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.


Situations, circumstances, and especially people can all cause us to operate beneath our pre-destined calling. As a Woman of God shared with me this weekend, not only trauma, but even the residue of a trauma can leave us fearful and hesitant to step into the fullness of God's promises for our lives. Let me encourage you on today people of God. You are who God says you are. No matter what circumstances have changed, no matter how people have changed, what God has spoke for you Destiny has not changed. It is what He said it was from the very start even if you can't see it at the moment.

But if only we could, if only we would; if we would consistently see ourselves as God sees us. There is such a need for the people of God to be able to "see" ourselves clearly; through the Blood of Jesus that is! We must be able to see beyond past hurts and offenses, past our failures and mistakes, past the opinions of naysayers and pessimists in our lives. We must be able to see ourselves as the Survivors that we are now, and as the Victorious ones we are becoming as God heals us completely and then restores everything that the enemy has taken from us along our journey.

If only we would look forward instead of always looking back. We will have a most difficult journey trying to walk forward with our head turned to the back. You see, we tend to gravitate toward what we are looking at. My God; What have you set your eyes on in this season?

My Challenge to you this week is to set your sights upon what God says about you, and what He says is for you. If you are unsure about this, use the following scriptures to begin to search His word and pray for the clarity you need.

I am a branch of the true vine, and a conduit of Christ’s life.
I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. John 15:1, 5

I am a friend of Jesus.
No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. John 15:15

I have been blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ. Ephesians 1:3

I am chosen, holy, and blameless before God.
just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before Him. Ephesians 1:4

I was formerly darkness, but now I am light in the Lord.
you were formerly darkness, but now you are light in the Lord; walk as children of light. Ephesians 5:8

God loves me and has chosen me.
knowing, brethren beloved by God, His choice of you. 1 Thessalonians 1:4

If you already know who you are in Him, and He has given you even a glimpse of your destiny, stop denying the Power within. Lay aside every weight that so easily besets you, and run the race God has give you to run; with confidence. Know that you are who God says you are, know that He has already worked out the details you have been worrying about. Know how much He loves you and that He is so "for you" that He has set an entire army of angels at your beck and call, to fight on your behalf. No more living beneath our privilege. Now Go, my brothers and sisters. Go in God's Peace, Go in God's Power, and Go in God Confidence!

Copyright 2011 - Victoria L. Burse
Victoria's latest  book "Destination Destiny" Click Here to purchase your copy today!

1 comment: