Monday, December 5, 2011

Can you Believe it?

Mark 9:24

And immediately the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help my unbelief.




Romans 5:8

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 





Over the weekend, I had the honor of sharing Saturday morning with a group of AMAZING Christian Women, diverse in color, age, nationality, career, and ministry giftings.  There were at least two moments in which I found myself whispering to myself.  "Wow, I can't believe it.  I can't believe God is allowing me to be right here, right now, in the midst of so many mighty Women of God."  As many of us said our farewells, and shared how glad we were to connect, several women spoke those same words to me.  I laughed, sharing that I had been thinking the same thing.


My question though is, "WHY"  Why am I surprised?  Why is it so hard to Believe?  We might answer this in many ways, but during this Christmas Season as we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, God's challenge to me, and thus my challenge to each of you is this:


As Christians, the foundation of our faith is the belief in God as our Creator, the belief that Jesus is His only son and born of a woman named Mary who was a VIRGIN, and that "while we were yet in our sinful ways" God saw fit to allow His only son to come to this earth, to die for us, and then be resurrected... so we would once again have the opportunity to fellowship and reign with Him.  This is what we say we believe, when we receive salvation.  Well, how amazing is that?  A virgin to give birth?  to be killed, and then come back to life.?  This is what we say we believe.  Well, if we truly believe this, then why would it be so challenging to believe the daily doses of Love God pours out on us, and why is it so hard to believe that God favors us?  Lets face it, no matter how good He is to us now, it could never compare to the goodness and mercy He displayed through the gift of His only son; Jesus.  There is no Greater Love.




Today, let us all stop practicing the "ministry of amazement"  as my pastor referrs to this phenomina, Agape Love is for real, and it God's love toward us.  And... let us not get it twisted, we are Blessed and Favored daily so that we can Bless and Favor others always letting them know who we are in God, and through God, and who we are because of God.  Let us not become FAT on God's Favor, but let us be as a vessel constantly pouring out that which He pours upon us.




A Consuming Fire




Oh, that I would be overtaken,

even consumed,

by the Love and Compassion of our Lord and Savior
Jesus Christ



that when ignited in me

would be the burning desire to extend to others

the same goodness

the same grace

the same mercies



that are available to me each and every day

Amen!



Copyright 2011 - Victoria L. Burse, Queens of the Kingdom

Purchase a copy of my new book Destination Destiny at victoriaburse.com
Connect with me on...
Visit my website and follow my blog @ www.queensofthekingdom.org

No comments:

Post a Comment