Sunday, May 27, 2012

Healing Hidden Wounds!

Greetings Men and Women of God!

As we come upon the summer months, I pray that each of you take some needed time of vacation and rest, and enjoy the opportunities you will have to spend additional time with family.  I also hope that the “lazy” days of summer afford you extra time to quiet yourselves before the Lord, and allow Him to pour into you and to fill every empty place. As always, you are all in my thoughts and prayers, and I ask you to continue to keep me, as well as Queens of the Kingdom Ministries in your thoughts and prayers as well.

For the next 8 weeks, I invite you to come with me on a journey of Inner Healing, a time set aside to deal with “hidden wounds.”  I believe God to touch each and every one of us during this period, and for complete healing to occur.  I believe God that we will all come out completely restored, and ready to run the race He has set before us.

During this series, I will take many thoughts from my first book, Sabbath Songs: A Spiritual Transformation through the Healing Presence of Jesus Christ.  You see,  there was just such a season in my life several years ago… and I know the power of the Testimony, as stated in Revelation 12:11.  As we press into these areas a bit, I invite you to purchase a copy of Sabbath Songs if you don't have one, so that you may keep these messages as a reference or perhaps you might share it with someone else as a special gift.

I invite your responses; questions or testimonies,  to these messages, and I pray that you experience the change that is available to each and every one of us…as we spend time in His Presence.  For today, I’ll just briefly share why this healing is so important and then on next week, we will take off with the first place of healing in our series…the Wound of Unworthiness!


Psalm 34:4-8 (The Message Bible)
God met me more than halfway,  he freed me from my anxious fears.  Look at him; give him your warmest smile. Never hide your feelings from him.  When I was desperate, I called out,  and God got me out of a tight spot. God's angel sets up a circle of protection around us while we pray. Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see— how good God is.
Blessed are you who run to him.

There is a place in each of us that no one else really has access to, except for God and ourselves.  It is that place deep on the inside where we learn to hide things, to stash them away if you will.  This place has so many pockets and crevices, that it is easy for things to hide there.  Truth be told, as we stash our “stuff” there, I think our real hope is that it will get lost or just disappear.  But, it does not, and I find that this “stuff” comes to the surface just when we are on the brink of promotion and breakthrough in our lives.

I ponder this often as I ask God, “Well – is this the devil bringing this stuff up to try and hold me hostage?  To try and keep me immobile?  Or God is this you. Is this you saying stop, stop now, and deal with this because if you don’t, you are setting up key areas which the enemy can use to bring you down, and others that are with you.”  You see, the enemy can attempt to stop us before we even get started, or, he can wait and let us go along our merry way…and achieving some of those things that God has for us, and just when we think we are in place, in our rightful position.  BAM!  Out of the blue, this hidden wound is opened back up,  the secretion of which is poisonous to our entire being and the risk is even greater of being brought to a low place, and not only us, but those coming along behind us; watching us and learning from us.

Either way, the point is that healing is available to us as children of God, and not just healing from physical sickness and disease, but the healing that is needed when we have been hurt or misused, or even rejected.  The healing for our souls.  That's right, we don't have to live continually with all those "anxious fears."  They can be put away once and for all as we draw closer to God - learning to cast our burdens completely to Him in Prayer.


This is the healing I am speaking of, and the healing that I believe God wants to lavish out upon His people so that they can really become effective for the Kingdom of God.

Copyright 2012 - Victoria L. Burse, Queens of the Kingdom  www.queensofthekingdom.org
Purchase your copy of Sabbath Songs today  http://queensofthekingdom.org/Online_Store.html 
or get the e-book at  http://tinyurl.com/sabbathsongse-book 

No comments:

Post a Comment