Sunday, June 3, 2012

Yes! You are Worthy.


1 John 2:20  The Message (MSG)

 20-21But you belong. The Holy One anointed you, and you all know it. I haven't been writing this to tell you something you don't know, but to confirm the truth you do know, and to remind you that the truth doesn't breed lies. 

Today we begin our 8-week study on “Healing Hidden Wounds”, and I would like to talk just briefly about the Wound of Unworthiness…or shall I say a spirit of Unworthiness.

Is your answer YES, to any of these questions?

1. Do you find yourself consistently turning down opportunities because you do not feel that you are ready, and then afterword’s regret that you did not take advantage of them?

2. Has your list of “ideas” remained confined to a sheet of paper for more than a year with no movement to them at all? Or do you start, then stop, start, then stop?

3. Do you spend more time trying to get the opinion or justification, or stamp of approval from people about something that is on your heart to do, than praying to God about it?

4. When is the last time you can truly say you took a “leap of Faith”? Has it been more than 6 months? More than a year?

I’ve experienced all of the above in my life, and for me it has played out in many ways. Coupled with fear, I found myself hesitating, or holding back…when I should have been moving forward. I’ve missed GOD opportunities. I’ve questioned myself, and God, over and over and over again…thus making me slow, lethargic even…in moving when He speaks. In the end, of course, I questioned myself as to knowing the voice of God in my life. Thus, there was a season when I was slack in my assignments in the Kingdom, in my personal growth, and in seeing the manifested blessings of God in my life, but the trick of the enemy had me “excusing” these things saying over and over again in my holiest voice “it must not be my season yet!”

Let me go a bit further. Alongside Unworthiness are often Guilt and Condemnation. Review the definitions of these terms, and I think you will quickly see how the devil uses this to throw a “wrench” if you will, into the Destiny of the Believer.

Unworthy

1. Not worthy lacking worth or excellence.
2. Beneath the dignity.
3. Not of adequate merit or character.
4. Not commendable or creditable.

Guilt

1. The fact or state of having done wrong or committed an offense.
2. Remorse or self-reproach caused by feeling that one is responsible for a wrong or offense.

Condemnation
1. To express strong disapproval of; censure
2. To pronounce judicial sentence on.
3. To judge or pronounce unfit for use.

These self-thoughts, these feelings can originate from numerous places. From people, certain experiences, even generational curses. This list could go on and on. As we take time this week and ponder on this, I'm sure God will reveal some things to us. Know that Healing is often a process and rest assured, God would not reveal anything to you that He is not going to walk through with you. Be encouraged and allow Him to minister to you regarding the above definitions.

I feel it important to speak on these things, because as I talk with and walk alongside women of God on their Destiny Journey, they are often “stuck” and don’t quite know why. You see, the personal and professional things, the ministry or entrepreneurial projects God has give you to complete, will suffer, or not get done at all, when certain things are out of order in your life. Here, what is mainly out of order is our Thought Life. We must get our “Thought Life In Order.” Our mind is the Battlefield of the enemy and he will have us using our own tongue against ourselves in condemnation.

Others hear your words and see your actions, but they don’t have access to your thought life. We can have all of the outer trappings. A great job, a great husband or wife, a nice home and all the things that come with, but on the inside, where it really counts, we are fractured. For a season, we are able to well hide all these feelings and insecurities. But there is a time in which they are sure to surface, and our goal in this study, is to CANCEL THAT PLAN OF THE ENEMY IN THE NAME OF JESUS

Romans 12:2 says this
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Now, I leave you with the Truth of God’s word on this subject. If in fact you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior and your Lord, and you have submitted your life; your will and your ways, unto Him…then hear what He says about you as it relates to whether or not your are qualified, or deserving, or even forgiven…and therefore Worthy, to serve Him in whatever capacity HE has called you to. Together this day; We bind up the spirits of Unworthiness, Guilt, and Condemnation. In the name of Jesus, go BACK to where you came from!

Ephesians 1:3-14 The Message Bible
PLEASE READ THIS OUT LOUD! (first person emphasis is mine, trying reading this using those words. It makes it personal)

The God of Glory
3-6How blessed is God! And what a blessing he is! He's the Father of our Master, Jesus Christ, and takes us (me) to the high places of blessing in him. Long before he laid down earth's foundations, he had us (me) in mind, had settled on us (me) as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love. Long, long ago he decided to adopt us (me) into his family through Jesus Christ. (What pleasure he took in planning this!) He wanted us (me) to enter into the celebration of his lavish gift-giving by the hand of his beloved Son.

7-10Because of the sacrifice of the Messiah, his blood poured out on the altar of the Cross, we're (I am) a free people (person)—free of penalties and punishments chalked up by all our (my) misdeeds. And not just barely free, either. Abundantly free! He thought of everything, provided for everything we (I) could possibly need, letting us (me) in on the plans he took such delight in making. He set it all out before us (me) in Christ, a long-range plan in which everything would be brought together and summed up in him, everything in deepest heaven, everything on planet earth.

11-12 It's in Christ that we (I) find out who we (I) are (am) and what we (I) are (am) living for. Long before we (I) first heard of Christ and got our (my) hopes up, he had his eye on us (me), had designs on us (me) for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone.

13-14It's in Christ that you (I), once you (I) heard the truth and believed it (this Message of your salvation), found yourselves (myself) home free—signed, sealed, and delivered by the Holy Spirit. This signet from God is the first installment on what's coming, a reminder that we'll (I’ll) get everything God has planned for us (me), a praising and glorious life.

Copyright 2012 - Victoria L. Burse, Queens of the Kingdom  www.queensofthekingdom.org
Purchase your copy of Sabbath Songs today  http://queensofthekingdom.org/Online_Store.html 
or get the e-book at  http://tinyurl.com/sabbathsongse-book 

No comments:

Post a Comment